Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Changes

It's been a long time since I last posted. I have had my head down, working on the revisions of Blown Red.

I'm happy to say that I have completed the re-write and the first read-through. I have identified the weak spots and will be working over the next few weeks to complete those changes.

I am amazed at how different the book has become. More of a thriller - less of a literary novel with dead people in it.

Still have no idea if it is a 'real' book, worthy of publication, but the journey has been incredible.

Still...change can be difficult.


2 comments:

  1. Go, go, GO, Dumpy Grace. So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phyllis. I am surprised to announce that I have actually completed all the little fixes. I'm ahead of schedule. The last thing I need to do is rewrite the very first scene. Becky had suggested I bring up a scene from the middle of the book and make that the first scene. The problem is that it is kind of mediocre and it needs to be a 'grab you by the throat' first chapter. So...that is all that remains to be done. A quick polish for spelling and grammar and I'm DONE!!! I'll send it off to Anne McDermid and finally, be ready to start something new. Thank Goodness!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for providing feedback. I appreciate your comments.