Saturday, September 13, 2014

Why Dumpy Grace?

Why 'Dumpy' Grace?

I've answered this question before but it still comes up, often accompanied by the usual admonishments that I should not be so hard on myself, so I thought I'd take another crack at clearing things up.

Dumpy Grace was born on a day when I was feeling more than a little irritated at work. A straw had just landed on the camel's back, and long story short, resulted in me radically changing my life. Unable to vent my feelings, I picked up a pencil and doodled this stormy little figure on a scrap piece of paper.


Looking at her, I felt instantly better. Her scowling face and droopy boobs made me laugh. Her plump physique, as wide as she was tall felt right. She was a little portly, a tad stout, somewhat disheveled.

On limp legs, she forced herself to move forward. Angry, but without fists. Dragged over the coals, yet undefeated. Deliberately dumpy. Grace, in the face of adversity.

She was what I aspired to be...
 
...and her name was obvious.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for providing feedback. I appreciate your comments.