Monday, June 18, 2012

7 Random Things you don't know about Me


Many thanks to Monique Liddle for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger award!

Monique writes a fabulous blog: Bends in the Road – One Woman’s Journey through Life’s Turning Points.
Check it out at:   http://bit.ly/L4ziSr

Monique’s nomination came at a particularly tricky moment. I was deciding whether to continue my writing full time or try for a ‘real job’ thus, moving the writing to the back burner. Her support, along with many of my other writing friends, convinced me that it is far wiser to follow your heart.

Since then, my novel revisions have been proceeding well. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope to have the revised copy to my agent within a month, or so.

Meanwhile, one of the rules for accepting the Versatile Blogger award is to create a list of Seven Random Things you might not know about me.

So here goes:

1   ONE: I was nine months old when I was adopted. I was in my thirties when I sought out my biological mother and experienced what proved to be a very interesting reunion. There is a very fascinating story here that I will share in more detail when I have time to do it justice.


 
     TWO:  I pretty much believe everything anyone tells me no matter how ridiculous. When I was a zoo keeper I took it as gospel when an older keeper warned me that if I grabbed a Wallaby’s tail too tightly it would twist off. As a result, I spent several fruitless hours allowing my Wallaby to slip through my fingers while everyone else laughed from the sidelines.






      THREE: Two glasses of wine and my face turns beet red… then I start talking and can’t shut up. 




















      FOUR: I have always had a secret crush on Captain James T. Kirk. No man will ever compare to William Shatner in full Shakespearean mode, on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise.  (Sorry, Steve)




    
   


 FIVE: When I was eighteen years old, I had a mystical experience that I have never forgotten.  





      





         SIX: If I were stranded on a desert island I would put on an exquisite blue sari flecked with gold and dance to Bollywood music under the hot summer sun.  
7



    
SEVEN:  I blush at the drop of a hat. I think blushing is very cute when it happens to other people but I am horrified when I can’t control my own face.  I sometimes pretend to root about in fridges to hide the fact that I’m blushing again. 

4 comments:

  1. Sarah -
    This was a lot of fun to read & of course your drawings are brilliant! I've always got a kick out of them - especially your Captain Kirk & his muscular chest an small hips!! :)
    I am so happy to hear that you are continuing your writing. And a revised copy of your manuscript in 30 days? YAHOO! That's fantastic!
    You were so quick at getting this blog post out. But you did leave out the hard part: the paying-it-forward portion by naming your nominees. Will you be doing that in another post? I look forward to seeing who they are!
    Thanks also for the blog love!

    Monique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the fun comments! And yes...I'm half way through my list of paying forward! Doing the 7 random things was such a nice break from the revisions I couldn't wait to get them posted. I'm not putting the little icon on my blog until I complete the entire quest! Thanks again for the nomination - it's been a lot of fun. : )

      Delete
  2. I love finding your blog and reading about you. We are more similar than you'll ever know- particularly regarding our 'crushes.'! :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I just read your latest post and wanted you to know that my yellow lab, Sophie, was not in the least bit surprised when I mentioned the chat you had with your dog. She said that if more people listened to the animals around them, the world would be a much sweeter place.

    p.s. Live long and prosper! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for providing feedback. I appreciate your comments.