Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Success!!

The unthinkable has happened! I got an email from my agent today who informed me that there are currently two publishing houses expressing keen interest in my book. One is from the US and the other is from Canada.

I will be meeting with the Canadian house next week, although Anne said that we are just going to attend in order to 'hear what they have to say' and that we will not be making any commitments right away.

The manuscript only went out a couple of weeks ago, and I think that if there is this much interest so quickly, it will probably be worth waiting a bit to see if any further interest materializes before making a final decision. That is the impression I am getting from Anne.

Still, no matter what happens from this point on, I am overjoyed that a real live, honest to goodness, print publisher wants to meet with me!! I didn't really think it would happen.

I'm freakin' out!!!


3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news--congratulations! So neat that you have multiple options awaiting you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much, Jennifer! It's kind of like finding an lemonade stand at the end of a long dusty trip through the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You completely deserve to FREAK OUT! Enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for providing feedback. I appreciate your comments.