Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The New Outfit

I am meeting with Simon and Schuster this week. First ever meeting with a publisher. I felt giggly with excitement until I heard these dreaded words from my agent: "Don't get too nervous! All they really want to know is whether you are marketable. In other words, will you feel comfortable in a TV studio or reading in front of a crowd at Harbourfront?"

GACK!! 

No more fooling around! Off to the Ladies Shoppe I trudged, with glamorous daughter in tow. 



 Hmmmmm....???











After that it was time for a makeover with the beauty ladies at Sephora.





I don't know about all this...


I'm afraid I'm either going to trip over the high-heeled boots or keel over from the weight of the paint on my face. 

This all just seems more nerve-wracking than it ought to be....

 


3 comments:

  1. Oh, Dumpy Grace ... your new look is lovely! I'm so glad you had a daughter to go along though. I find the fashion world so intimidating without one. I'm hoping for a FB picture taken just before you leave home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Also, look at it this way: you got to have some nice mother-daughter time together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a good laugh at the very least! Glad to report the meeting went very well, so maybe the big makeover helped - at least it made me feel less like a dork! : )

      Delete

Thank you for providing feedback. I appreciate your comments.