Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring has Sprung!

I imagine a real writer would be locked away inside with the curtains pulled, toiling away on the computer - pumping out the daily word count no matter what.

But, I'm Canadian.

March is usually cold, slushy and miserable. But, over the past week the temperature has soared. The pile of snow in my yard that two weeks ago was over my head melted within a few days and although it was kind of mucky for awhile I am not complaining.

I know this is probably not a good thing (global warming and all that) but I just can't help this feeling of joy.

Sorry, Elizabeth George. I'm taking the day off.

2 comments:

  1. This is great Susan -- and I love Dumpy Grace (aka Ms. Potato Head) in this picture!

    It's funny how we all have the need to slack off, even with a deadline looming.

    You might enjoy this brief blog by a brand new friend. Kate Gilderdale is the editor of a Stouffville monthly. We met a few weeks go and had a great yak. The results of that "interview" will appear in the May issue of Stouffville Free Press.

    Take a look at her procrastinating: http://oldbagblogging.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I already love the title 'Oldbagblogging' I'm sure I'll love it. Can't wait to read the interview. Will you post a link when it comes out for all us living out in the middle of nowhere?

    As for Dumpy Grace - In a few weeks I will be heading to Florida with my two gorgeous daughters in tow. I'll be getting my Ms. Potato Head on in a big way and can only HOPE I'll look as snazzy as Dumpy Grace in her brown bathing suit. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for providing feedback. I appreciate your comments.