Sunday, April 1, 2012

Falling Down on the Job

I've been remiss again in the writing department. Life has interfered. Nothing major - just the annual birthday extravaganza of my number one fan.

It's been a whirlwind celebration starting with the biggest surprise of all, the fact that I actually remembered his birthday at all this year.

Thank heavens we're on the same page when it comes to forced merrymaking. Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, New Year's Eve? Bleh!

It was two weeks in the past before either of us remembered our 25th wedding anniversary! In fact, I'm not 100% sure of the exact date. I know it was a chilly day in January....? 

Whatever....

I do, however, take any opportunity to bake a cake. On Monday, we had a pre-birthday tester cake, just to make sure I had the recipe just right. On Wednesday, I did it all again with extra icing. On Friday, we just had to make sure that a vanilla cake might not be better than chocolate. (It wasn't)

And then on his actual birthday, we had a huge, spicy pumpkin pie slathered with whipped cream.

Happy Birthday to a true rebel!






1 comment:

  1. Other than making me drool and feel intensely jeaous of all that cake- and pie-eating, I absolutely love your picture. I do believe you have a third career standing by if the book thing doesn't work out. ;o)

    And I totally agree with you about the forced celebrations. Making your own is much more fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for providing feedback. I appreciate your comments.